Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"End of the Spear"

We just met a new neighbor who happens to be a film producer. He lent us a copy of one of his films, called "End of the Spear." It is a true story I had never heard before but many have.

It is about an indigenous tribe in Ecuador who are senselessly killing each other off. A group of missionaries goes to them and tries to teach them about God, but end up getting killed. The families of the missionaries eventually go back to the tribe and live with them converting them all to Christianity. You can read about the real story online, Steve Saint is the son of one of the missionaries and wrote the story. This was one of the most powerful movies I have seen and I cried a good portion. I just cant say enough about this great film. See it!

T

No comments: