Sunday, March 30, 2008

Camera

3/30/08
I have misplaced my camera, I vaguely remember hiding it somewhere the little ones couldn’t find it, and now I can’t find it! But I am secretly happy because I have been wanting a new camera. Conveniently George Bush wants me to buy a new one too. I think I want the SLR type but wonder if I would use it less then a regular digital camera and then you have to buy all those fancy lenses with it too. I really don’t have one picked out yet though. I know I want one with more artistic capacity.

What kind of cam
era do you have, and do you like it? Please help!

3 comments:

Britanny said...

Ask my sister-in-law. She could give you some advice--she's an amazing photographer. Sometimes I think I would like to do it too.
www.luckyredhen.net

Becky said...

We have a point & shoot digital camera (Nikon Coolpix P4) and we recently bought a didgital SLR (Cannon Rebel XTi). We love both of them for different reasons:

The Nikon is really nice because it is small and it still takes good pictures. However, we LOVE the digital SLR because it can take the action shots (not as much delay between the button push and the actual picture). It is great for catching the spontaneous shots with kids. It doesn't really fit in the purse though!! It was a bit on the expensive side, but you don't have to buy the additional lenses right away. We still just have the kit lense that came with it and we still get great pictures.

You are welcome to come over and fiddle with both of ours to see what you like. Also, as much as we like the Nikon, we really don't use it much now that we have the Digital SLR. Good luck...

LuckyRedHen said...

Britanny is right, she DOES have a SIL that's an AMAZING photographer ;o) My opinion, based on what you've written here, is to get a decent point-and-shoot that you can easily use and practice with. Once you've mastered that and have found your style, THEN you should look into upgrading to an SLR with lens changes. There are some inexpensive SLR's out right now that a lot of people are snapping up left and right, so that is an option, but for less than $200 you can have a P&S that fits easily in your purse (mine goes in my pocket), takes video and let's you capture the moment instead of figuring out how your camera works LOL. If you're serious about an SLR, I recommend the Canon Rebel XTi as a good one to start with that can grow with you until you want to advance to the big stuff.