We always told the kids when Owen got potty trained we could get a dog. We even had the kinds narrowed down. Well Owen is now potty trained but instead of a dog you get... a new baby. Surprise! (to us all.)
I am finally getting over the shock. Sorry to my friends and family who are trying for babies right now. I'm not sure how I got bumped up to the front of the line. Perrie is taking it very well. She thinks about it almost as much as me and has been such a little mother to Owen since she found out. She says she wants to be there when I deliver, hmm I'm still thinking of that one. When I asked Owen if I should have another baby he said with panic "NO!" He tries to lift my shirt and look for the baby. Dave is taking it well too. Maybe it hasn't hit him yet, but he hasn't complained about me being so lazy lately so that is a good sign.=)
February 14th!
6 comments:
Wow, surprise it is! Congrats :) So does this mean no dog [snicker]?
For us, we had Jack in the delivery room to watch his sister be born (after dad woke him up from his nap). He was just over 3yrs old and loved every minute of it. We watched a LOT of A Baby Story on TLC while I was pregnant, so he was prepared for anything (plus I had a midwife). I know it's not for everyone, but thought I'd share what worked for us.
Good luck!
Congratulations! Hope you've been feeling good.
I have had 2 kids born in February (13th and the 4th). It's a good month! At least everyone will be out of diapers when he/she is born!!
I'm hoping for Feb. 6th--my birthday. Congrats! Go take a nap...
Congratulations! Hooray for another cousin!
Sela and Nina were in the delivery with Rollin and it was great. No regrets. Very memorable and educational :) I think Perrie would love it.
I'm very happy for you and your family.
Oh I am so glad you got an unplanned surprise ;-) You are such an awesome mom, any kids that join your family are truly blessed. So excited for you guys.
Post a Comment