Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Spring Has Sprung (I hope)
Warmth, ahh. My bones are finally thawing out after this cold winter. It is wonderful. I literally went outside and shouted “whahoo!” on Sunday(65 degrees). I only hope we are not being teased by Mother Nature. We broke Callie in on her first hike. She slept the whole 3 hours in her moby wrap. I even tried to nurse her on the trail but she wasn’t too interested. Perrie is an awesome hiker. We call her “Soaring Eagle” because she likes to run up ahead then back and forth. She is tireless. Owen on the other hand we call “Grazing Buffalo.” He enjoys wondering off the path looking for dinosaur fossils, running back down the hill we just climbed or sitting down and resting- anything but FORWARD. In theory this is great for him. He goes his own way, does not give into pressure and enjoys the journey not so much the destination. In reality this can be very frustrating for us. We did not make a lot of progress unless Owen was carried or enticed by a sweetie. Last summer we were able to carry him in the pack a lot and it was great. He is too big for that now I’m afraid. Our dreams of adventurous hiking all summer long just went up in smoke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am loving all this sun! Megan is the same way about walks...just wanders all over.
That is tough--we're not sure that we can go overnight hiking anywhere since my back can't carry Fern and Caleb can't carry both Fern and the tent and all our other stuff :) Looks like Henry and Caleb will be going out without the girls...
Post a Comment