Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Day

After years of pleading from Perrie, we gave in. Yesterday we got two kittens. We are going to be home most of the summer so this would be a good time as any to get them. After being denied at the cat shelters (for having small children and admiting they would be allowed outside) we found some on craigs list. They are as cute as we could imagine and love people. One will chase you like a puppy if you run and they both want to snuggle to sleep on you. Perrie is in heaven. She was up till 11 pm last night and up at 6am. She likes to wrap them in a blanket and rock them. Owen came up with the name "Mittens" for the black & white one. We are still thinking of a name for the tabby one. I hope I didnt get in over my head here. =)

4 comments:

Becky said...

Happy day for Perrie, but for mom?? My kids want pets so bad. Now I will watch you and see how much work it is and then decide. You'll probably make it look easy and will have fun.

Still Life With Coffee said...

Cute!
Hint... give them flea medicine before you have to deal with the problem. We learned the hard way.
Can't wait to meet them!

Alli said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose son runs around in only their underwear!

Trisha said...

You have to pick your battles right? At least he has some clothes on.