Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lilliputian Lunch

I'm learning the best way to get thru this parenting thing in one piece is to be as fun and silly as possible. A smart parent must have come up with April fools day. Around here we put bugs in shoes and mix up cereal bags. We took rubber snakes to preschool for sharing and froze cups of milk. My favorite so far was my trick on Perrie. I sent her to school with a super miniature lunch.
A cheese sandwich the size of my thumbnail, teeny weeny carrot sticks, a bowl of applesauce the size of my thumb and a mini chocolate chip for dessert. I gave the teacher her real lunch for after the surprise. I cant wait for her to come home. Im still planning dinner, this looks good- it is actually a meatloaf pie with mashed potatoes. I found it at www.famliyfun.go.com This website has lots of fun ideas. Cant wait for the kids to pull one on me.

3 comments:

Alli said...

You are so creative! I didn't do anything for April fools...what a scrooge I am!

ashley said...

That's so awesome,Trisha!

Jill said...

So what was Perries reaction to her lunch? You are so creative! I need some of that!