
I am thankful for my Grandma K. She is not doing well and we spent part of our thanksgiving at the hospital visiting her. She has influenced my life a lot; more then I know I’m sure.
My love of crafts came from her. She was always knitting or sewing something. She worked in a crafts store for many years and always made the holidays special with her handiwork. Each Christmas she made us a new ornament. I will always remember the care bear Christmas and my handmade doll clothes.
I also learned to enjoy cooking from her. She could make any dish or pastry, and liked doing it too. She loved having dinner parties and made them really fun. My birthday cakes were always very special. Certain foods will always remind me of her, like wild rice casserole, homemade mac and cheese, fudge, potato chip cookies, homemade scones with soup and many more.
I love hearing her old stories and smiling in disbelief as she tells me of her wild youth. I wear her out making her tell me the stories of her life. I’m afraid I waited too long to get them all. Our elderly have so much history and knowledge in them just waiting for someone to ask. Please don’t wait till it’s too late. Love you Grama!
1 comment:
I am sorry to hear about your grandma. I am sure she is so appreciative of you being there with her. I hope you guys had a great thanksgiving.
PS: I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment