I was inspired by Ashley’s blog to write about my “beauty regiment”. I have very sensitive skin and used to have alot of breakouts. I bought this book a few years ago called “Absolute Beauty” by a gorgeous woman from India. I have a lot of respect for ayuervedic medicine so I was drawn to this one. She basically says, your skin is your biggest organ right? So why would you put something on your skin that you wouldn’t eat? That made a lot of sense to me. She has various recipes for different skin types and more information on massage, meditation, and diet.
For the last few years I have used only food grade oils for my skin. My favorite is almond oil for a body oil, which you can mix with a favorite essential oil. I have also tried grapeseed oil, apricot kernel oil and even extra virgin olive oil works well. For my face I wash with a homemade scrub of barley meal, powdered milk and dried lemon peel. Then I nourish and moisturize with pure absolute Rose Oil, mixed with a little almond oil. This has worked better for me then anything ever! I never feel too dry or too oily, my skin rarely has a breakout anymore. The real Rose oil is a little pricey but last a long time. Otherwise I am saving a ton of money and doing my body good.
Now I have been trying to eliminate shampoo and conditioner. I know you are thinking stinky hippy, but after reading about the known carcinogens in that stuff I was looking for alternatives. I heard about this baking soda wash and apple cider vinegar rinse. I was skeptical but since I have all those items in my house I had to try it. So far it has worked great. There is more info here http://babyslime.livejournal.com/174054.html
I am excited by these simple, healthy choices and I am saving a lot of money. What beauty treatments do you find helpful?
2 comments:
You're awesome! The more I learn about you the more I love! We'll have to talk more on this subject!
I don't have a beauty regiment because I just dont' have time! It's just usually washing with whatever soap is next to the sink or in the shower. At night I'm lucky if I get to rinse off my face. Do you have any time savers?
Post a Comment