Sunday, August 17, 2008

having a pregnant wife means...

Things David likes about having a pregnant wife:

1. I totally crave meat. Usually we eat meat 1-2 times a week, but lately it is 1-2 times a day.

2. No PMS. I don’t think I am that moody regularly, but I have been very happy and content since being pregnant (besides the tired & sick part)

3. I am too tired to argue or disagree. You want a new fishing rod, OK. You want a new sleeping bag, OK. (He hasn’t actually caught on to this yet.)

4. I do not want to spend money on new clothes right now. Just too depressing.

5.How could I not write, BIG Boobs. That and I crave romance books, movies or the real thing. Enough said.

Things David does not like about having a pregnant wife:

1. I find myself borrowing his clothes more often. He did not appreciate me wearing his wakeboarding shirt but my old swimsuit just didn’t fit me all in anymore. He doesn’t want the boob part to get stretched out. Haha.

2. Yes, I am tired a lot. He sometimes has to take care of someone besides himself.

3. I need about 5 pillows at night to get somewhat comfortable. I predict this number will continue to increase.

4. He has to start thinking about Labor and Deliver. Like most men he does not like hospitals, blood, needles and all things labor related. For the first child he stood in the furthest corner like a ghost. For the second child he was braver and sat in a chair next to me but stared at his feet for the majority of the night. Number 3?

5. I’m sure there be more to come…

2 comments:

Charis said...

Dave is lucky to have a wife like you, pregnant or not (though I am sure he knows that already) :-) You are awesome.

Still Life With Coffee said...

very funny :-)
I wonder what Dave's list would look like if he wrote it himself...
Erin