Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Excess

If David had his way, the garden would be nothing but delicata squash and cherry tomatoes. I had to talk him down to 2 cherry tomato plants this year. The problem is they all come on at once and we cant keep up with them. Well I just read about a way to preserve them. I sliced them and put them in my dehydrator (that was gathering dust) for about 24 hrs and whalah! Sun Dried Tomatoes! They have a great flavor, I keep munching on them plain. I am envisioning these in soups, pizzas and casseroles this winter. They are delicious! Do you have a favorite sundried tomato recipe?

3 comments:

Krista said...

If only I liked sun-dried tomatoes... But I must say, you are sure clever!

Jared Sprague said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lyn said...

What a great idea! I'll have to try that out with my baby tomatoes as well. Maybe Henry would like them if they were dried...