In a rare turn of events, I actually got to watch a movie of my choice the other night. I had wanted to see a new one called “The Other Boleyn Sister.” I really knew nothing about it except I liked the actors in it (Eric Bana, Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson) The movie was great, with very entertaining characters. I loved seeing Portman be a bad girl. Then I found out the whole story, down to nearly every last juicy detail, is real. It is a brief story of Henry VIII, and some of his wives and mistresses. You should see it. It was a shocking history lesson. It makes me want to learn more.
Here are a few movie favorites:
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - a classic packed full of humor. A kid favorite too.
Taming of the Shrew, with Elizabeth Taylor-
Chocolat -- a good message
Hour Of The Wolf - or anything by Swedish Director Ingmar Bergman – he is a little dark and disturbing but I like it
Alfred Hitchcock films – like Rear Window
As you can see, I don’t get to watch many shows. What are some of your all-time favorites?
2 comments:
Hmmm...it's hard narrowing a list of favorites. I love Dances with Wolves, Mean Girls (random!), Bridgette Jones' Diary, Pride and Prejudice, Behind Enemy Lines, and many more that I can't think of now since I should be starting dinner.
I am reading the other boleyn girl right now! I'll have to loan you the book when I'm done.
Well... have you seen Juno?? Quite appropriate right now.
Also, Don Juan Demarco, Cinema Paradiso, Amelie, thank you for smoking.... just fun to go to movies I guess :-)
Post a Comment