What is it about the arts that we hunger for? When I say arts I mean paintings, poetry, dance, music ect. I think they celebrate the great mysteries of life, the mystery of love, beauty, birth, & death. And we all have these mysteries in common. Sometimes we get too caught up on the surface of life and forget about these mysteries. A thoughtful painting or poem can stop me in my tracks and remind my soul of another life or hidden passion. I liked this poem today. NPR has a great daily newsletter to visit for all kinds of literary goodies at http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/
Winter Song by Aaron Kramer, from Wicked Times
Under a willow
close by a brook
her lap for a pillow
her eyes for a book
she like a drummer
practiced her art
all spring and all summer—
the drum was my heart.
Hear how the willow sighs to the sun:
It is over and done with, over and done!
Hear the cold brook, that can hardly run:
It is over and done with, over and done!
Under what maple
close by what lake
will she lie next April?
Whose heart will she break?
What are some of your fav poems or celebrations of life?
No comments:
Post a Comment