Sunday, January 13, 2008

Year of the babies

Ok, so six of my friends are pregnant so far this year, six! Did I miss a comet flying by or something? Some where planned, some where not planned and some had been planning & planning & planning. I have two kids and feel like that is my sanity maximum right now but I can’t help feeling a tiny bit envious of them.

First off being pregnant is such a special thing, you get to eat tons of food- no really- You get to be sooo close to a being and share your life and energy with it. You are apart of something so much bigger then yourself and this life. Pregnancy always made me soo emotional, in a good way. I cried at sunrises and sunsets, I cried at Disney movies and cried at tiny little baby socks. It was a very happy time.

Labor, now that is a different animal. I feel like you are helping bring this new life here - you have to go halfway to meet it into the other world. I have done it with drugs and without drugs. They both have some positives actually. Without drugs it is very intense and powerful, you are in your own world (however you want to jump out the window) A little too traumatic for me. With the drugs it was a quiet process I could really be around for and enjoy more (not to mention my husband too.) I do however have great respect for those of you going “natural” and wish you the best. It is such a different process for everyone.

It is so fun to finally see what has been growing inside you. When my babies were born they always laid them on me skin to skin and we kept that up for a long time after. I loved nursing, I loved being that close. One of my most favorites is when the baby has eaten and has that drunken look on their face! Pure contentment! That doesn’t last forever.

What do you love about being pregnant and the newborn?

Alright, I better go wake my husband up now for some lovin. (lol) You never know, I comet might fly by my house some night too. How do you know when your done?

2 comments:

LuckyRedHen said...

I didn't love much about being pregnant or having a newborn. THAT was part of knowing we were done ;o)

You know, I get some flack about the decision not to have more babies. Like it's someone elses job to tell ME what my life should be. Personally, I think it's a good thing I know my limits. And my limit for birthing babies is 2. However, I have a strong sense that I won't only have 2 children. The thought of adopting older kids has always been a part of me. Others will say, "Why don't you have more instead of adopt? Then you know what you're getting in to. They'll be your flesh and blood." You do NOT know what you're getting into when deciding to bring another precious spirit into this world. There is no guarantee, so I wish people would stop acting like there is. I have friends with 0, 2 and 4 and some up to 12. There isn't ONE of them that I would say, "You shouldn't have had so many." Or, "You should have more." That choice is personal and only you, your spouse and Heavenly Father need to know what that will be.

:o)

Anonymous said...

2008 is definitely the year for babies!!!!!!!! So many of my friends are preggo! So fun. Hopefully the stork visits us sometime too :-) Love you blog.