I love the Christmas season. I love to decorate, bake, attend plays, sing carols, all that stuff. But I feel like it goes by fast and unless I do alot of planning, we miss something. I am putting together an advent list, something to do everyday until Christmas. Here are some of my ideas, not in any order...
Watch it’s a wonderful life
Watch the Grinch
Bake cookies and deliver
Put up tree and decorate
Go Christmas shopping
Wrap presents
Make salt dough ornaments
Take and drive and look at Christmas lights
Sing Christmas carols & play instruments
Attend a Christmas pageant
Make a food garland for wildlife
Read journal of holidays past
Put on a Christmas play
Talk of Christmas around the world
Invite a family over for games & goodies
Make an advent paper chain with scriptures inside to read each night
Have a special meal with food Jesus and Mary would have eaten in their life
Make a snowman craft
Donate gifts to less fortunate
decorate and mail cards to family far away
go sledding
visit botanical gardens for light show
cut paper snowflakes and decorate
visit santa
see the nutcracker ballet
What do you do for the season? Any other ideas?
2 comments:
I do this for my kids and I get as excited as they do planning it. I'm all ready to go just waiting for December :) One of our favorites is decorating a "night tree" for the animals with popcorn garland and pinecone feeders and other goodies.
I like your list! We do a lot of the same things. We also try to make it to the Seattle Center and ride the monorail and then ride on that caurosel, then go get hot chocolate.
Post a Comment