Barley Mushroom Soup
1 c. dried porcini mushrooms (soak in 2 cups boiling water) (optional)
2 onions chopped
2 carrots chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ lb white mushrooms ( 1/2 chopped & ½ sliced)
1 TBL oil
8 cups water or broth
2/3 cup uncooked pearled barley
Cooked turkey
1 tsp dried thyme
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Salt & pepper
Saute chopped veggies in oil about 10 min. Add broth, thyme and sliced mushrooms. Add porcini and soaking liquid. Bring to boil and add barley & turkey. Reduce heat and simmer till barley is tender about 40-60 min. Add parsley, salt & pepper. Serve. Do you have a favorite turkey recipe?
2 comments:
Yippie, I so glad to see that you have returned to your blog! I love reading about what you are up to. It gives me great inspiration!...Loves!jr
I was looking for a good recipe for my leftover turkey! Thanks!
Post a Comment