Thursday, February 19, 2009

1 week old

It has been a party of five now for a week. The first few days home were stressful. I still had high blood pressure and tons of new hormones to deal with. It was a challenge to balance children, chores, husband, pain and exhaustion. But now I feel like we are getting into a better routine. A huge help is that Callie sleeps great at night. (That is the only time it gets quiet around here) She is a very good baby and we are just loving her. Owen loves to look at her and hold her but has a short attention span. Perrie has been home this week with mid-winter break and wants to hold Callie all the time. She will be Callie’s second mommy. Dave is a great helper and I even got to leave him home alone with the 3 kids for awhile. Unfortunately he goes back to work next week. I am feeling pretty good. Every now and then some pain or exhaustion catches up with me, but not too bad. I think we are going to make it!

3 comments:

Still Life With Coffee said...

Trisha,
Let me just say... you are amazing.
Chores??? With a one week old? You deserve a medal. You have the right to just lie around all day holding your cute cute baby girl. I'm going to say this to you every day... it goes by too fast!!
xoxo
Erin

Jill said...

I am so glad that things are going pretty smoothly for you! I bet it is nice to have such great helpers! I have something for ya but you know how I am...it takes a lil bit to get it to ya..so one of these days! I miss ya guys!

Anju said...

Hi Trisha:
Its been a long time. The last time I saw you, i think that you were six months pregnant with your first child. I found Jared Sprague on facebook, asked about you and he told me about your blog. Congrats on all the babies, and you look great and really happy.
I have a 2 year old daughter and I am back living in Seattle, still married, but in that "working it out" phase right now. I'm glad you are well, the kids are beautiful and its nice to see that you and Dave "made it." I know, my info is old.
If you want you can email me at anjuganti@gmail.com
hope to hear from you.
anjulie