Friday, January 11, 2008

hedgies



One of my latest discoveries is hedgehogs. I sooo want to get a pet hedgehog. Owen actually turned me on to them. He has a lot of little plastic animals and he particular loves the hedgehog. His hedgehog sleeps with him, rides motorcycles, takes a bath and has a snack on occasion.
So I started thinking, well maybe someone has a pet hedgehog and checked the internet. There is a whole world out there of proud hedgehog owners, they call themselves “hedgehog enthusiasts”. I will name him “Herbie” and he will be my pet.
Pretty cute huh? I still want a pygmy goat too though. What animal would you like as a pet?

2 comments:

LuckyRedHen said...

We were pretty close to getting a Sugar Glider at one point until I went to a breeders apartment and found out that they pee/poop all over you as they're being held. One puddle of pee in the palm of my hand and I was over that obsession. We were going to carry it around in a pouch all day.

Then we were thinking about a Bearded Dragon, because they reminded me of Horny Toads (which I am fond of from living in NM where they roam all over the place). But then I learned that they grow HUGE and are tempermental to diet and can get sick easily. Salmonila really didn't sound fun either ;o)

Becky said...

No pets for me. I grew up with dogs, cats, horses, chickens, and I always thought of myself as an animal person until some neighborhood dog took to pooping in our yard. Didn't like the clean up or the stepping in it. So, for now, no pets, just little kids!