Monday, February 9, 2009

We love to try out new books at the library. Every once in a while we find one that is a real keeper and have to buy it. I like happy funny stories with a twist. I enjoy these as much as the kids. Some are books I grew up with and some are very new.

Our favorite children books:
Flap Your Wings by PD Eastman
My Lucky Day by Keiko Kaszo
Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
Pete and Pickles by Berkeley Breathed
The Giant Jam Sandwich by John Vernon Lord
Tom Thumb by Richard Jesse Watson
Traction Man in Here by Mini Grey

Also of course
Little Critter books by Mercer Mayer
Berenstain Bear books by Stan Berenstain
Magic School Bus books by Joanna Cole
Peter Rabbit & classics by Beatrix Potter

What are some of your family’s favorite storybooks? I would love some recommendations!

2 comments:

Becky said...

We love Tacky the Penguin books by Helen Lester. So funny.
Helen Lester has other books too, all worth reading.

Britanny said...

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs--I could look at those illustrations all day. We LOVE anything by Mo Willems, especially the Pigeon books.